Wednesday 30 June 2010



The 12th Man Fund today helped Oxford United make a major signing ahead of the new season with defender Jake Wright joining on a three year deal.

Jake had a wonderful spell at the club last season which culminated in his excellent performance during our play-off final win at Wembley. He arrives on a free transfer and Chairman Kelvin Thomas was delighted to welcome Jake to the club, he said:

“I think signing Jake is a fantastic deal for this football club. Jake was a major part of our Wembley success. He has experience at a higher level and I know he is very excited about coming to Oxford. It is also pleasing that the 12th Man was able to help to push this deal over the line and help Jake to relocate to the Oxfordshire area.”

Our latest 12th Man signing said: “I’m delighted to have signed. From the moment I arrived on loan I have been made to feel at home. The Manager and staff are first class and the lads have been great with me. We have a great team spirit and a great belief and I want to be part of that. The fans at Wembley were brilliant and this is where I want to play my football.”

Robert Newton added “Jake's signing is a great step forward for the club. His arrival will be hugely popular with the fans and the 12th Man is delighted to have played a part in funding it. Once again, thanks to every fan who has contributed to the fund or got involved. We hope the fund will continue to grow this year and will play its part in signing players of this calibre."

12th Man are delighted with the signing and thank every single one of our supporters for contributing over £30,000 in the last twelve months.

No comments:

Post a Comment